Avidex/DNG Win SCN 2020 Install of the Year!
This prestigious list comes out just once a year and recognizes the most innovative and impressive 2020 installs from around the globe! Congratulations to our dedicated team, UCI Beall Applied Innovation, and all the other winners.
The Cove @ UCI, home to UCI Beall Applied Innovation, is a 100,000-plus-square-foot facility in UCI Research Park. Teaming up with the Digital Networks Group for the design-build audiovisual integration project, every aspect of the facility is built with technology, collaboration, and innovation in mind.
The cornerstone of the impressive integration project is the massive 180 degree, 134’ long, Planar/Leyard dvLED videowall that provides incredibly high-impact, seamless content driven by Hiperwall. The videowall is located in The Beach, is a purpose-built event space complemented by cutting-edge audio systems, confidence monitors, cameras and systems for recording and live event streaming, video conferencing, and room controls.
Other audiovisual integration at The Cove includes:
- Venture Cove, with 36’ wide video wall, audio system, confidence monitors, cameras and systems for recording and live event streaming, video conferencing, and room controls
- Longboard Lounge and Tiki Bar areas, each complete with video walls and full presentation systems
- Wayfinder Coworking Spaces, complete with an AV rich open workspace area, conference rooms, and collaboration spaces
- The Cove lobby area showcases 2 video walls for delivering visitor and UCI content
Technologies and Solutions include:
- Planar/Leyard dvLED
- Hiperwall video wall software
- Shure Mics
- Extron Switchers and Controls
- QSC DSP
- Vaddio cameras
- Windy City Wire cabling
- MANY others for this multifaceted installation
About UCI Beall Applied Innovation
UCI Beall Applied Innovation (BAI) brings campus-based discoveries together with Orange County’s vibrant business community to support job creation and economic growth. To make this happen, UCI Beall Applied Innovation facilitates connections between UCI and industry, including: entrepreneurs seeking access to university inventions and talent, large corporations looking to tap the school’s research capabilities, and investors wanting to financially support promising new companies. Every aspect of BAI has been designed with a focus on the business community. Whether it's moving at the speed of business or creating an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship, UCI Beall Applied Innovation understands that bringing great innovation to market requires a very intentional approach to industry engagement. Visit http://innovation.uci.edu/ to learn more.