1.Managing Your Information Preferences
2.Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number, mobile phone number, credit card information, and other personally identifiable information that you choose to provide us with or that you choose to include in your account ("Personal Information"). You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you register with the Site or use any of our Services, and at other times. Please note that while we collect credit card information, we do not retain such data.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Site ("Usage Data"). For example, each time you use the Site, we automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, the pages you view, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the mobile application version that you are using, your device model, device identification, time zone and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Site and Services, for targeting advertisements both inside and outside the Site and Services, and to enhance the services we offer. We may share Usage Data with third parties, such as data management providers, promotional or advertising service providers, advertisers and marketers, and our Affiliates (defined below).
Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We use analytics on the Site and Services to collect Usage Data, to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally
We use Personal Information to provide you with a seamless, secure, and customized experience with our Services. Specifically, we may use your Personal Information to improve the Site and Services, to notify you of new products or services, and to otherwise communicate with you about Telerent. Telerent does not sell or rent any Personal Information to marketers or third parties.
4.Third Party Website and Social Media Platforms
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours ("Service Providers"). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, facilitating payouts of advertising revenues, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
7.Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by Telerent to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. These requests only cover information for the immediately prior calendar year
(e.g. requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities) and information about our sharing in general, not specific to you. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (the "CCPA") gives you additional rights about the collection, processing and storage of your personal data, which we will explain below.
- Identifiers; and
- Internet/electronic activity
Purposes for Use of your Information
In order to learn about how we use your Personal Information, see the "How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally" Section.
Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
We may disclose your contact information and financial information with our service providers to help us complete transactions. Please note that we do not sell any of your Personal Information to third parties.
Additionally, you have the following rights under the CCPA and you may exercise these rights no more than twice in any twelve (12) month period by following the instructions below. To exercise more than one right at a time, please submit each request individually. If you submit multiple requests, we cannot guarantee the order in which your requests will be processed:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what categories of Personal Information we collected in the preceding twelve (12) months, including the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business or commercial purposes for which such Personal Information was collected and shared. You also have the right to know the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- To exercise your right to know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow these instructions:
- Write to us from the email address or mailing address that is affiliated with your account and include "Right to Know Under CCPA" in the subject of the email or written request;
- Please include sufficient Personal Information for us to verify the identity affiliated with your account. For example, provide your full name, phone number, address, email and account number if applicable. At a minimum. We may request additional information to complete the verification process if we are unable to verify your identity initially;
- If you would like to know the categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information, write "I am writing to request the categories of sources from which my personal information was collected" in your request;
- If you would like to know the specific personal information that we have collected about you, write "I am writing to request the specific personal information we have collected about you" in your request;
- If you would like to know the business or commercial purposes for which we collected or shared your Personal Information, write "I am writing to request the business or commercial purposes for which my personal information was collected" in your request;
- If you would like to know the categories of personal information collected about you, write "I am writing to request the categories of personal information that was collected" in your request; and
- If you would like to know the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information in the preceding 12 months, write "I am writing to request the categories of third parties with whom you shared my personal information" in your request.
- Right to Access: You have the right to receive the personal information that you gave us. The information that we will provide to you will be masked, meaning that portions of it will be omitted so that it can't be used fraudulently. For example, your telephone number may display as (123) - XXX-XXX67. In order to exercise your right to access, email us at email@example.com and follow these instructions:
- Write to us from the email address or mailing address that is affiliated with your account and include "Right to Access Personal Information Under CCPA" in the subject of the email or written request;
- Please include sufficient Personal Information in your request for us to verify the identity affiliated with your account. For example, provide your full name, address, Email, Phone Number and account number if applicable. We may request additional information to complete the verification process if we are unable to verify your identity initially; and
- In the body of your request, please write "I would like access to all of the information that I have given to you over the past 12 months."
- Deletion: You can request to have your Personal Information deleted and we will ask our Service Providers to do the same. Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, many of our Services will not work the same. For example, you will not have an account (since any prior saved transaction data will be deleted). If you make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending your deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
- Exceptions: We may not be able to fulfill your request if we (or our Service Providers) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following reasons:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e., to improve our services).
- To exercise your right to deletion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow these instructions:
- In the body of your request, please write "I would like my information deleted" and provide the information that you would like deleted;
- Please include sufficient Personal Information for us to verify the identity affiliated with your account. For example, provide your full name, address, Email, Phone Number, and account number if applicable. We may request additional information to complete the verification process if we cannot verify your identity initially. Our ability to fulfill your deletion request is limited by the information you provide us and the information associated with your account. For example, if you have multiple email addresses and you include only one in your request, we will only delete the email address that you included in the request. To delete multiple email addresses, you must verify you own applicable email account by sending the request from the applicable email address.
- Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, and we will not deny you good or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your rights, unless by exercising any of your rights we are unable to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you.
9.Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of Telerent or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
12.Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.